Sunday, December 7, 2008

Roundhouse Kick to the Face

Of late, it seems as if life has been throwing a tantrum all around me. It's as if the last 18 1/2 years had some sort of get-out-of-life free pass and that pass expired at the beginning of this semester. I've heard of more people dying this semster than I can remember in my lifetime. I have seen so many relationships end leaving both parties bruised and hurt. I have witnessed various accidents happen that don't make sense. And it makes me wonder. Why so sudden? Why in one concentrated dose? Is this just life running its natural course, or is there a specific meaning behind these events? I realize that stuff happens to people every day, but why am I just now coming in contact with it?

Whether or not I learn the answers to these questions, I'd like the emotions being spewed at me to tone it down. I don't handle the waterworks very well.

No comments: