Friday, December 5, 2008

20.

Today... well I guess it was yesterday now... was my birthday. For the past 7 years, I have been a teenager. Leaving that stage of my life behind sounds odd. By sounds, I mean when people ask me how old I am now, I say 20. 20. How the heck did that happen? Have I really been around for that long? I'm 1/5 of the way to 100. 100?! Oy.

Despite the fact that about 1/4 of my life is now gone forever, I had a pretty smashing day. Nothing really epic happened (well, minus the FANTASMIC concert I went to with Kindall and Norton - Winter Wonder Slam a.k.a. my birthday present from Kindall), but I was in a really cheerful mood all day. Most people would say that's because it was my birthday, but if you were just thinking that, you were dead wrong. I'm never really excited about my birthday. I've never made a very big deal out of it. Yes, it is the anniversary of my birth, but so what? This is what makes my chipper mood a pleasant surprise. Maybe I subconciously wanted to make this birthday the best yet, since it will be my last birthday with my friends at the Mont. Whatever it was, I liked it. I was so happy that I didn't even get frustrated when we had to sit in traffic for 30 minutes on the way to the concert.

Also, my friends pretty much rock. I already mentioned Kindall's rocking birthday present, but on top of that, Liz gave me purple corduroy TOMS so that I can try to be trendy, Rachel bought me a cookie cake with a big ole icing penguin on top, Norton bought me a frosty, I got to talk to a bunch of my friends and family (who I dearly miss) on the phone, and thanks to facebook, several people who never talk to me wished me a happy birthday. Does it get any better than that? (I'd like to clarify that my friends are not awesome because they buy me stuff, but because they made a day special that I didn't think would be. I am blessed)

1 comment:

Kindall said...

Yeah, I am pretty awesome. You're not so bad yourself.