Thursday, March 26, 2009

__ weeks later...

I don't have to say that I've been neglecting this, because it's obvious that I have been. Update time.

Before this semester began, I had thought that next year I would be living off campus with Erika. Up until the end of spring break, I still thought that this was the plan. I was wrong. Erika decided that she wanted to stay on campus to get involved in the leadership as a prayer leader. My prayer leader had asked me if this was something I would want to do, and I told her if I was staying on campus that this was a position I was very interested in. When Erika decided to stay, I really had no other choice but to stay as well (I wasn't about to move off and live alone, ya know?) At first, I was kind of upset. I've done two years of dorm time, and I'm pretty much done with it. I want my own space, a kitchen, the freedom to leave a building past midnight if I need to. And the financial benefits were great too. It's amazing how much money I would have saved had I rented an apartment. But I guess God didn't want me off campus. Once I knew for sure that my off-campus dreams had been dashed, I began thinking about one of the few pro's of my staying: becoming a prayer leader.

Before I left for Belmont, I was in leadership at my church. I led a bible study for middle school girls, and it was such a blessing. I loved the girls in the group, and I loved the opportunity to serve God by serving others. Leaving for school took that away from me, and ever since then I've been hoping that an opportunity would come along that would allow me to serve in a similar way. I think this is it.

If you don't go to Liberty, you probably don't know what a prayer leader is. Basically, you lead a "prayer meeting," or a bible study with five girls on your hall. It's considered to be a leadership position, and it's kind of a big deal here. The process works like this: first, you fill out an application. The application goes through your prayer leader, SLD, RA, and RD for recommendations, and if you get approved by all of those people, you get put on an approval list (which happens to go up tomorrow) and you can begin interviewing with the SLD's and RA's of all the halls on the campus. The leadership that want you on their hall will offer you a position, and you choose where you want to be.

My prayer leader asked me if I wanted to lead prayer group on Monday, and of course I said yes. I haven't done this in a while, but I'm pretty excited about it. I get to pick anything I want to talk about, and I'm trying to figure out what that is going to be. I only want to do this if this is where God wants me to be, but as of right now, I'm feeling pretty good about it. This could change, and if it does, I'll be ok, but there's a part of me that really, REALLY wants this. His Will be done though, right?

No comments: