Monday, February 23, 2009

I don't update this half as much as I used to, even though I only had it for a few weeks before I started slacking.

I've decided that I really like plants, especially indoors. They make the non-outdoors seem so much nicer. And they remind me of home, where everything stays green and doesn't die.

Today I got a Valentine's card that my littlest brother made for me. That made me miss him and the rest of my fam a lot. Spring break is coming up soon, and I'm excited to see them, but I am not looking forward to the drive. I wonder if the people who can afford to fly everywhere really appreciate how blessed they are. To think that there was once a time when all I wanted to do was drive. Maybe I can pretend I'm 16 again, and make an adventure out of it. Does anyone know of any car games that you can play alone? Alone. That really puts a damper on the whole thing. I need to get ahold of some books on tape or something. 14 hours... SAD FACE!!! But there's a light at the end of the tunnel = Florida, warmth, family, Loren, palm trees, PUPPY!, no homework, rest.

Rest. I want to know what it feels like to truly rest in Christ. The kind of rest that refuels your soul and your spirit. I want to be on fire. To feel holy motivation and purpose. I'm tired. Weary. I waste my energy on things I can't control. I invest myself too much in situations that I need to just let be. I get worked up over stuff that is none of my business, really. For reasons that I tell myself are righteous. They're probably not. I'm leading with my emotions again. I'm trying to learn to be satisfied in every aspect of my life. Satisfied in Christ. Let that day come sooner rather than later. I probably just misused that term. YOU alone, Jesus. You alone.

No comments: